Monday, March 5, 2012

God's Tree



Many years ago, I attended a certification course in Colorado, which was held at a retreat center. As part of our training we had to spend one day in silence… from the time we went to bed until 3 pm the following day; about 15 hours. During the time of silence, we were not allowed to utter a word… not even a ‘good morning’ to the other participants. It sounds easy, but it was truly difficult.

During the silence we were to walk the grounds, reflect, or sit in prayer or contemplation… anything as long as we did not speak.  Also as part of the assignment, we were required to write something about our experience. I kept trying to come up with some kind of ‘aha’ and try as I might, I kept drawing a blank. Until just before we came together to break the silence, that is. As I wandered the grounds looking at the magnificent evergreens, it struck me why we use the type of tree that we do for a Christmas tree. I am certainly not a poet, but the following is what I wrote.

GOD’S TREE
by Janelle Breese-Biagioni

If I could be a tree...
which would I choose to be?

Would it be the mighty oak?
Strong, full of presence, capable of any task
Shedding autumn leaves, renewing in spring
Casting shade and shelter only to risk being split by unprovoked lightening
I think not.

Should I be a flowering shrub?
Petite, fragrant and full of colour
One who decorates and is adorned
My survival at the mercy of the caretaker’s hand
I think not.

Perhaps, I should be a monkey tree?
Needly branches curving upwards
like the spider monkey’s tail
Curious in design, a constant challenge for those who dare to climb
I think not.

What about the willow?
Bending softly, weeping eternally
Dancing leaves, sweeping the grass
Beautiful to see, fragile in essence
Scattered roots tangled in a mesh
I think not.

There is the ponderosa pine?
Tall, think, covering great distances
Dropping needles and pine cones to hide the ground
Unbalanced, bare on one side, not easy to climb
or worse, dead at the base before anyone reaches the top
I think not.

I think I shall be the evergreen spruce
Rich in colour, steady, never changing
Sometimes alone, sometimes in threes
Shining lights on Christ’s birthday
My base shall be full
extending to support those in need.

My branches shall rise,
spiraling from one level to the next
Circling, circling, reaching the top
creating a cradle for the Christmas Angel
Turning, spinning into one perfect branch
Uplifting, lifting, reaching for God.

3 comments:

  1. I have this same problem. My husband and I were the perfect couple at first. We clicked right away and the chemistry was just crazy. But reality kicked in real soon and we started arguing a lot. Until now get into heavy arguments, where none of us is really listening and always out talk each other, until one day my husband left me it was like a dream, i beg and apologize for everything, he refuse for 1 year and 3 month, until i meet a man call doctor MACK online who is a great spell caster he cast a spell for me and told me that my husband will come back in 48 hours to beg me to come home, to my greatest surprise my husband come after 2 days of the spell and told me he is sorry, am so happy that i meet doctor MACK, if you need his help contact him on “DR_MACK@ YAHOO. COM”

    ReplyDelete


  2. I am really pleased with this service of this powerful Clairvoyance Caster. Dr. ECOCO, if you are going through any kind of spiritual attack or affliction or
    you want to get your ex-husband or wife back? Dr.ECOCO THE GREAT is a traditional herbal and spiritual doctor that can help you out. Contact him to help
    solve your problem for you free of charge. He is based in US. His contact detail is email address: ogbeborecocosolution@gmail.com He is always ready to
    helpyou.he is very powerful and can solve any kind of problem below.Do you want your ex lover back? Do you want to get pregnant? Do you want your husband to
    appreciate you? Do you want to be famous or rich? Do you need your business to grow excessively? Do you need a job? Do you need a husband? Do you have a
    problem in your marriage? Contact: (ogbeborecocosolution@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My life was complicated because I was no longer getting the love and affection I deserve from my boyfriend. June 5, 2002 he said it was over between us, my heart was shattered. I spoke to my friend about it and she told me how Lord Bubuza restored her relationship with his spell so I contacted him immediately on WhatsApp: +1 505 569 0396, I told him my problem and he promised to help me with his spell. I followed his instructions and 16 hours after the spell was casted my boyfriend came back crying and begging me to forgive and accept him back. It's 20 years now since lord Bubuza helped me and we are happily married with kids now. Don't give up on your relationship/marriage, contact lord Bubuza for help via WhatsApp: +1 505 569 0396 or email: lordbubuzamiraclework @ hotmail . com

    ReplyDelete